I always see the subject in terms of the emotion it conveys, the colour, the light and the shade. Therefore, I tend to let the method of painting lead into the subject of the landscape, rather than the other way round.
I’m particularly inspired by the techniques and layering of the colour field painters and the St Ives painters of the 1970’s.
My subject inspiration comes from the sky, sea and weather – in particular the seascapes of Ilfracombe in North Devon and Zierikzee in North Holland.
- 2014 – Exhibition, 500ft Gallery, Ilfracombe
- 2014 – Exhibition, Portland Art Gallery, Ilfracombe
- 2014 – Exhibition, Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe
- 2013 – Moved to Ilfracombe, North Devon
- 2010 – Working and Exhibiting at Bucks Open Studios
- 2009 – Joined Commercial Square Studios, High Wycombe
- 1999 – Commission for Talent Television, London
- 1995 – Graduated with BA (Hons) in Fine Art
- 1990 – Foundation Course in Art & Design, Bucks University
- 1973 – Born in Amersham, Buckinghamshire